Chamomile Plants....

rose_enthusiast(z7 TX.)November 30, 2004

I want some and can't seem to find any @ any of the local nursery's for the life of me! Anyhow, are these plants easy to grow?

Thanks,

RE

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbalbetty

I don't know about Texas, but chamomile is nearly a pest up here in my New York state garden! Very easily grown from seed, it will reseed itself with abandon. I like german chamomile the best for tea. It is very pretty amongst the fairy roses too.

Bookmark   November 30, 2004 at 7:49AM
Heathen1(10a)

Are you looking now? Unfortunately, to my chagrin, nurseries don't stock a lot of stuff during the winter, which in my zone, is really the time to plant perennials. But I am not sure if you are looking for the perennial variety or the annual.... personally, I like the annual variety the best.

Bookmark   November 30, 2004 at 12:13PM
ellanadasdy(uk)

try nicky's seeds, they supply overseas and have a great range of herbs and wild plants, good value too. good luck! chamomile is a great plant!
good luck,
ella nadasdy:)

Bookmark   December 4, 2004 at 8:14PM
riverinewny

I planted chamomile for the first time last week from a starter plant. So far it seems floppy, and like the fronds are stuck together. Is this okay?

Bookmark   June 9, 2006 at 7:40PM
Heathen1(10a)

sounds like shock... keep it moist for the next few days... don't over water, just keep it moist. Is it in full sun? It should recover.

Bookmark   June 10, 2006 at 11:45AM
natrldsastr(z3 SW MT)

while we're (or you) are on this subject, can someone please identify this? Looks like chamomile, smells like it, but seems to be a NATIVE, perennial plant here. Has actually VOLUNTEERED itself in my landscape. Now I live in a very remote, zone 3 area so it didn't "float" in from the neighbors place. Any ideas? thanx so much---

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 25, 2006 at 5:37PM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

natrldsastr,

You plant is Pineapple Weed, a native of the western US. These plants only have the the center disk flowers and lack rays; have a strong pineapple scent when crushed or walked on....self-sows pretty prolifically just like true German Chamomile.

Vera

Here is a link that might be useful: Pineapple Weed

Bookmark   June 26, 2006 at 7:47PM
natrldsastr(z3 SW MT)

thanx vera--I finally remembered to check back on this question. Gee, I was hoping for a type of Chamomile, actually kind of like the scent of this stuff. Guess I'll go rip it all out of my flowerbed where it volunteered now, can't be adding to my hubby's allergy problem!

Bookmark   July 9, 2006 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
7 Powerful Turmeric Health Benefits & Side Effects
http://draxe.com/turmeric-health-benefits/
JCTsai
geographic tongue
For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i...
rebeccaguimaraes
Morgellon's syndrome
I have Morgellon's disease. I have seen the organisms...
cacye
warming herbs
How do herbalists today believe that warming herbs...
carrie-ann
home remedy for kittens with ringworm
My son brought home two kittens. One has very choppy...
toadlilly
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™