heritage raspberry not looking good

ciachoMarch 22, 2014

Hi I'm new to gardening and planted all kinds of fruits and veggies in my new home. I don't think the soil is great but I'm hoping to learn and grow what I can.

I planted this heritage raspberry from home depot in January. Im in So California so its been warm the last few months and it now looks like this. I planted a couple other varieties (jewel and brandywine ) which look like their doing well.

Attached is the pic if the heritage rasp.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a

You are at the upper limit for raspberries. So they probably need some shade and ton's of water. Try to find Bababerry, they do well in your area.
Your plant looks burned, sun or fertilizer, or not enough water.

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 9:21AM
melikeeatplants

Was it dormant when you bought or were those leaves on it? If they were on it when you planted I wouldn't worry as much...

Don't over/under water it and you should be fine. I have Heritage in 9b is very vigorous here....

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 7:21PM
ciacho

Thanks for the help. I'll keep an eye on it. It may have sprouted a new stalk about 10in away. I dont really know what it is.

Those were the original leaves but it hasn't really grown anything new. The other raspberries have sprouted new leaves (they didn't start with any though) so that is why I'm confused. The others have nice green leaves.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
Looking for really early (blooming) pear
I have a Hood pear that blooms very early, usually...
jbclem
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™