Herbs for endometriosis

Mentha(9 CA)November 15, 2005

Hi All,

it's been a while since I've been on the herbalism forum. I have a question for all the herbal gurus. What herb(s) are used for endometriosis? I have had this problem for a long time, I remember taking something that helped, but have been out for years. It has gotten so bad that most pain meds don't dull the pain, except of course the ones strong enough to make one loopy. So I need to find a happy medium where I can function as a wife and mother should, without causing depression, or ditzy beavior. Is that asking for too much?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Daisyduckworth(Aust)

Combine 2 parts of Chaste-berries with 1 part of two of the following:

For liver support: Milk Thistle, Dandelion root, Vervain or Blue Flag.

For reducing pelvic congestion: Squaw vine, Motherwort, or Red Raspberry.

Combine 1 teaspoon Chaste-berries, 1 teaspoon Echinacea root, 1 teaspoon Wild Yam ,1 teaspoon Cramp Bark, 1/2 teaspoon Horsetail stalks, 1/2 teaspoon Red Raspberry leaves and 1/2 teaspoon Motherwort leaves with 1 litre water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain out the herbs. Drink 2 cups daily.

Include Alfalfa, Peanuts, Flaxseed and Soy beans in the diet.

Use Kelp to add iron to the diet. The heavy monthly bleeding that is common in women with endometriosis often leads to iron deficiency.

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Paw Paw
Research information suggests paw paw will prevent...
herbalpower
home remedy for kittens with ringworm
My son brought home two kittens. One has very choppy...
toadlilly
warming herbs
How do herbalists today believe that warming herbs...
carrie-ann
7 Powerful Turmeric Health Benefits & Side Effects
http://draxe.com/turmeric-health-benefits/
JCTsai
Permanent dark eye circles?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend has what seems to be permanent...
Hapslappy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™