poisoned by the yew tree

organneliDecember 21, 2008

I've been making christmas wreaths with yew branches. My right index finger is lumpy and swollen and itchy when hot. I believe it to be reacting to the yew. What can I do to draw the poison out of the finger?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendan_of_bonsai(4b AK)

Ice is a good place to start.

    Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 12:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusty_blackhaw(6a)

This sounds more like mechanical irritation/foreign body reaction or possibly an allergy (yew should be toxic only when eaten). If swelling increases and it becomes painful it's time to get medical attention.

    Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 1:29PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
cure for geographic tongue!!! hooooray!!! i found it!!!!!!
What we all have is also known as a "fungus infection...
jtranok
Growing Turmeric/Specific questions...
Hello.. I'm pleased to say that I found some fresh...
skyclad
poultice for infection
My boyfriend broke his leg 1 1/2 years ago. He had...
June_Ca
Permanent dark eye circles?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend has what seems to be permanent...
Hapslappy
Morgellon's syndrome
I have Morgellon's disease. I have seen the organisms...
cacye
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™