Help with Fibroids

herb_lover_growerDecember 4, 2006

Sorry I posted the wrong word, was in a hurry. I have fibroids, and want to know what I do or use to help them to shrink or go away. Any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy(6)

Yes, see a doctor! That isn't something a folk remedy or something from your backyard will fix, and the longer you don't see an MD about them, the more serious they could get.

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 7:17AM
Heathen1(10a)

Or if you are like me, hoping that peri-menopause and the lowering of the amount of hormones in my body will help shrink them. Have you had an ultrasound? They aren't necessarily the emergency that lucy is implying. I have had fibroids for 15 years and mine are very slow growing. If they aren't filling your entire uterus and causing really odd bleeding, then they are fine. Even some off period bleeding is okay. You CAN get them lasered out. a friend of mine did that twice. Especially if you keep them monitored...

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 10:08AM
herb_lover_grower

yes I have seen a doctor and I am going to see one soon. I think that fibroids as it has been researched comes for stress and lifestyle.

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 2:06PM
Heathen1(10a)

and genetics.

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 4:35PM
lucy(6)

I never said it was an emergency, only that delaying seeing a doctor and using who knows what was not a smart idea. And fibroids do NOT come from 'stress and lifestyle" (ask your MD).

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 7:25AM
oakleif(z6 AR)

lucy

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 9:37PM
oakleif(z6 AR)

I had fibroids that quickly enveloped my uterous,ovarys and stomach cavity. Surgery done.
If i had no medical knowledge. Would i have pushed the panic button after reading lucys post?Why not explain why?

Bookmark   August 2, 2008 at 6:50PM
kaliaman

Question any and everything you read in a public forum. There is always a mix of good advice and information with misinformation and utter b.s. Since there is a hormonal component to their development, stress and lifestyle are major factors with fibroids, genetics too can play a role.

Herbs that increase circulation to the pelvic area can be helpful as can herbs that support the endocrine system (hormones) As stated above many women do nothing except wait for the menopausal shift in hormones which makes them a non issue, a viable option unless they are causing you trouble in some way.

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 7:06PM
More Discussions
herbal medicine
Hello, I am just getting into indoor gardening. I f...
sunny57
Which herbs to avoid in case of high blood pressure?
Hello, I am looking for information on which herbs...
John89
insect bites remedies
I have used a chickweed salve and most bites clear...
samtom_gw
warming herbs
How do herbalists today believe that warming herbs...
carrie-ann
bladder infection
My daugter has a bladder infection. I am giving her...
kfgesq
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™