Immunox

tuffametuffayou(6b)March 26, 2012

Would anyone have a source for Immunox in CT or RI. The garden center where I previously purchased the product no longer stocks it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myk1(5 IL)

Do you have Lowes?

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 7:58PM
Randy31513(Georgia 8b)

Walmart has it too if I remember right.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 8:20PM
glenn_russell(6b RI)

Hi Tuffametuffayou-
I was never able to find it locally at the big box stores. I had to order it online. With my trees only being at green-tip at the moment, I figure it's about 3 weeks until petal fall where we'd need it. My point is, you probably have enough time to buy it online if you can't find it locally. -Glenn

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 8:30PM
myk1(5 IL)

Their website has a "where to buy" page, http://www.spectracide.com/Customer-Help/Where-To-Buy.aspx

You'll still have to do some calling to see if they specifically have Immunox though.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 9:39PM
garyt33(5/6)

It is available at any Lowes. Go to their web site and place an internet order for store pick up. They will fill the order in 30 mins or give you a gift card.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 10:51PM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

I have used immunox before with limited results. I find daconil to work much better. Either one can be bought at any wal-mart or Lowes/Home Depot.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 12:02AM
alan haigh

blaze, you have to qualify your advice more clearly for it to have any useful application. works better for what? there is no product on the market that is better at controlling apple scab and cedar apple rust than myclobutanil, as long as you aren't near a commercial production area where resistance has developed.

brown rot on stone fruit is another story and the active ingredient in daconil is better for that.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 6:58AM
ltilton

Very true. Immunox is pretty useless for strawberry grey mold. Good old Captan works.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 8:05AM
olpea(zone 6 KS)

"I have used immunox before with limited results. I find daconil to work much better."

Danconil (chlorothalinil) has very limited uses. Even for brown rot it can only be used against blossom rot. It's not labeled for use after shuck-split. I don't believe it's labeled for pomes at all.

It is very good for peach-leaf curl which is what I use it for.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:14AM
alan haigh

I believe that there are formulations of chlorothalinil that allow its use as a brown rot fungicide packaged for the homeowner, but I could be wrong.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:21AM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

Yes I was actually thinking of diseases associated with my peach tree and serious rust problems with my lawn. Immunox isnt bad I still use it but I prefer daconil.

What does the original poster want it for?

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 3:48PM
More Discussions
Grafting acocados
I am grafting an avocado tree. Is it alright to graft...
tim45z10
Early-Spring and General Spray Questions for 4-yr old Maryland Orchard
Hi all, I planted the following fruit trees in Spring...
lindsgardeninmd
Grafting thin scionwood?
I just received an order of scionwood from Tim Strickler...
jbclem
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
Extreme Cold
Looks like I won't be seeing any peaches and plums...
Helen Zone 6 Ohio
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™