Anyone tried Lilly Miller Fertilizer for BB Bushes?

riverman1March 26, 2012

I bought some Lilly Miller for Rhododendron, Azalea and Evergreen fertilizer with cottonseed meal today. Has anyone tried this fertilizer on blueberries?

thx.

Jed

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bradybb(wa8)

riverman,
I don't think I've tried that one.It may contain Muriate of Potash,that bammboo rabbit posted earlier to avoid for Blueberries. Brady

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 8:56PM
riverman1

Here is a link to the label......

http://www.lillymiller.com/labels/LillyMiller/LM_RhodyEvergreen_16lb_300029084.pdf

It does contain soluble potash and two forms of Nitrogen, neither of which are the nitrate form, a bit of sulfur, and cottonseed meal. Seems like it would be good for the blues.

Jed

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 12:50AM
Bradybb(wa8)

riverman,
It looks like it does contain Muriate of Potash.I think bamboo rabbit posted that some friends of his lost a number of Blueberry plants using some fertilizer that had it.Maybe he can answer it better. Brady

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 1:07AM
riverman1

BTW Brady, I was reading last night about Jack's Acid Fert and some were saying they have had great luck with it on Blues and Strawberries. I wish I could find some locally, hate ordering fertilizer.

RM

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 10:21AM
Mary614

I don't want to hijack this thread, but ? another fertilizer. I am trying to find a local source for fertilizer and saw Jobe's Organic Azalea granular curious if anyone has used this one with blueberries. I am just preparing the bed for new plants that should be arriving in about two weeks.

This is a link that you can zoom to see the side, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AR0BV8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000GD3KRG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1HVM435S2FB0JH2EHAP8

Thank you
Mary

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 10:22AM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

As main part are very big part this fertilizer is chicken mature the price of bag would buy much larger volume of chicken mature. Yes in small amounts chicken litter is very good for Blueberry plants are any acid loving plant. Once chicken litter cooked are process with heat its ok and best for organic fertilizer.

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 10:26AM
Bradybb(wa8)

riverman,
I visited a nursery in Seattle recently and it had some small tubs of Jack's,probably a pound or two for about $9.I can send some your way or check out this site.It's where my current container came from.Very little is needed as it's concentrated.The stuff at the Seattle nursery had a little higher N value,like 21 I think.

Mary,
That is what I just applied for the first application on some of my Blueberry plants.All ingredients look fine.
Brady

Here is a link that might be useful: Jack's Acid Fertilizer

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 11:16AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

I would not use any fertilizer on my blueberries that contained Muriate of potash, PERIOD.

Far as the chicken manure it is very high PH and I would not use it either.

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 11:49AM
Mary614

So what easily available fertilizers would you recommend?

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 11:55AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

I should clarify and say not to use any manure not just chicken.

Easily available would be Miracle grow camellia and rhododendron formula, available nationwide and will work just fine. The blueberries like it both as a soil drench and as a foliar spray.

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 1:50PM
riverman1

Thanks for the offer Brady,much appreciated. The jacks acid does look like a good product for blues.

RM

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 3:41PM
More Discussions
hewes crab apple
looking for 10 or so scions. of course i will pay....
randymontana
Cherry tree damage from storm
Top third of cherry tree snapped off by falling limb...
jimfnc7
New orchard...planting between rows
I'm planting a 30 tree apple orchard this spring in...
fernstone118
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™