Help fix my deficiencies in my blueberries and lemon!
Hi, this is a cross post from the container forum, as I have some sort of nutrient deficiency in two of my blueberries and a dwarf lemon. The full thread is here http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0420202910105.html?21161 but here are the cliff notes, sorry about it being so picture heavy but I wanted to include as much information as possible!
* Plants are in Tapla's 5-1-1, the blueberries without lime, and with added slow release osmocote (acid loving for blueberries and citrus and fruit for the lemon)
* Deficiency marked by yellowing between the leaves, with dark veins.
* pH has been tested, results show acid soil for blueberries, about neutral for lemon.
* Watering with tap water, with occasional vinegar added for the blueberries. Tap water has not been pH tested, but the water authority gives a range of 7.2-7.8 .
* I am growing three types of blueberry, deficiencies seem localised to rabbit eyes, with highbush types and southern high bush types less affected, or not at all.
* Weather has recently dropped significantly, going into an Australian highlands Autumn with first frosts predicted by about the 25th of April.
* Last week (3/4) I added about 15g iron sulfate to the soil, and sprayed a dilute mixture of iron sulfate with a few drops detergent directly on leaves.
*Blueberries being fed with acid loving soluble fertiliser, half strength twice weekly. Lemon receiving miracle grow all purpose.
* Blueberries been receiving a small dose of epsom salts weekly.
Fertiliser being used;