Winter Moth

mrsg47(7)April 19, 2013

Just received my first 'heads up' email ( I am on the University of Rhode Islands Hort. list, they also organize all of the orchards in the state for meetings) on this years new hatching crop of winter moth. It was suggested I put down my first combo spray of captan, immunox and triazicide this weekend. Even though its been colder it seems early to lay down that stuff. Anyway. . . off to the orchard! Mrs. G

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Johnnysapples

Our buds are just now showing signs of green leaf. I did some grafting and I have been watching the trees closely. I had seventy degrees yesterday with flys,moths, and a butter fly landing on the cleft grafts. I also saw bats at dusk swooping at moths in the air. I was even getting bit by mosquitoes! I'm in the lower east side of Mich. Oxford.

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 6:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsg47(7)

Holy cow! Thats a lot of bugs for one night in Michigan! It is getting warmer here too. Its in the 50's and 60's so its time to start spraying. My peaches are in pink bud, and 1/4: leaf on most of the rest of my trees. They're all waking up! Mrs. G

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 6:44PM
More Discussions
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Looking for really early (blooming) pear
I have a Hood pear that blooms very early, usually...
jbclem
Help... pest eggs on orange fruits
Orange fruits got quite some eggs on them. I have searched...
funlul
Fruit drop on Paw paw
Last year I pollinated by hand very thoroughly. I got...
johndoug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™