Mia Culpa! pH issue, I was wrong- BR correct
Partially because of Charina's patient and thorough tutorials on my posting about having very healthy blueberry plants in relatively sweet soil I went back today to double check my pH readings.
I had assumed the original test I took was legitimate because the soil had been well stirred during the transplant, but this time I went down deep and measured some soil with very little organic matter over a foot down- the reading I got was about 5.5.
Somewhere in the mix of many less helpful suggestions, Bamboo Rabbit had said this might be the case as had Charina.
I believe now, as was suggested by others, that all the times I got near neutral pH readings of soil at the base of thriving blueberry bushes, the neutrality was likely created by composted wood chips. You can be sure that in the future I will probe more deeply and if I find thriving plants with near neutral soil throughout the root zone I will post it.