rasp and blackberry

queensinfoApril 5, 2012

How long until you would expect to see some growth from newly planted rasp and blackberry plants? These were bare root plants and i cut them as suggested by the nursery (approximately 4 inches) after planting two weeks ago? I know it is too early now, just curious when they will start to grow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HighlanderNorth

They should at least have some little buds on them where the leaves will emerge if they are alive now.

But around here, 3 weeks ago, we had a major warm spell for about 8 days where it was into the 70's, and I rode by a farm that grows black raspberries, and they had obviously bulging buds ready to open then and produce leaves. That was in Northern most MD. But I saw some plants in Lowes(reds) that had buds but not yet leaves.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 1:39PM
larry_gene

I would give them at least another 4 weeks before becoming concerned. Bare-root planting is more of a shock than transplanting potted plants.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 12:08AM
queensinfo

funny, while watering today, i notced that one of the blackberries was coming up. Also surprised that my strawberries already had a couple of flowers, especially considering the cold snaps lately.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 11:27PM
More Discussions
plum truble
I have a gold plum tree aprox 5years old. It has always...
john zone 8
Window blinds, fence wire, electric engraver, drill, and pliers
What can make with window blinds, fence wire, electric...
2010champsbcs
Thinning Pears
I have several varieties of pear trees (Bartlett, Comics,...
walterdavidwilson
Lime Sulphur spray--I feel like I was just robbed by Hi-yield
I have no idea why Hi-yield (or maybe it's the sellers)...
dave_7b
Fungus on grapes from last season?
Near the end of last season my grape plants got a fungus...
frdnicholas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™