Citrus Juicer

Randy31513(Georgia 8b)April 6, 2012

What is a good Citrus Juicer? I have been using an electric-Sunbeam juicer that is many years old that spins and you mash a half of citrus on the top.

I keep thinking about a squashier with a pull down handle instead of something that twist tearing at the pulp.

What is everybody using?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

I use the same thing as you and Ive been using it for a couple decades now. I like it because I can add the pulp if I want. I dont care if it tears it because it all ends up in the same place :)

The other day my neighbor down the street had a power juicer in front of her house for free. I took it home and started it up. Its cool because I can juice vegetables and fruit but it send the juice to one side and the peels/pulp to the other side. But a free juicer that has a motor like a Harley is OK in my book :)

Ive seen some good juicers on infomercials but nothing seems to beat the "press and spin" juicer that seems to be so popular. Oh btw, this might get more responses in the "citrus" forum hehehe

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 3:20PM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

The problem with the spin type citrus juicers is they can't handle loose skinned oranges and tangerines. The tangerine fruit simply pulls loose from the outer peel and you are done.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 5:01PM
Randy31513(Georgia 8b)

First thanks for the replies, second my old brain faded for a minute since I had intended for this to be posted on the citrus forum. LOL Got good answers anyway.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 10:59PM
stargreen144

Those who have very low budget can easily use citrus juicers for having cheap rate. It has both manual and electrical models, and very easy to use.

Here is a link that might be useful: citrus juicers

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Pictures missing!
Have you noticed, since Houzz took over allot of pictures...
Konrad..just outside of Edmoton Alberta
Type of Wire for Espalier?
So I've got a tiny (6 trees) fruit orchard that i've...
symplestytches
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™