some help/info required on some american fruit

swaineApril 10, 2012

hello from the uk,

im looking for any information/pictures on the following maybe a bit obscure but i grow many hundreds of types of soft fruit and i am allways intrested in information on anything i dont have,

i have managed to have some intrestings plants imported from the us to the uk with poeple who could provide pytho certificates,ANY INFORMATION IS GREATLY APPRICIATED,

berry colours, growth habit, cropping season,taste, anything

1, RUBUS STRIGOSUS (an american wild raspberry?)please correct me if im wrong, i have tried a google search but seems to only be showing pictures of cultivated types

2,FRAGARIA VIRGINIANA, ( A WHITE FRUITED VARIANT???) i have many types of red virginiana imported, anyone seen or heard of such a thing

3, BLACK RASPBERRY (PLUM FARMER) i have managed to find a picture of this but has anyone ever grown this one and compared to other black raspberries

4, PURPLE RASPBERRY (AMETHYST) i have the brandywine, royalty, this may be an old type?

5, RUBUS ALLERGENSIS (PINK FRUITED BLACKBERRY) i have no pictures or real information on this

6,YELLOW FRUITED DEWBERRY, i only have a name no pics, no info

7,STRAWBERRY, (purple wonder) i think this is new and has very dark berries

any info or stories on any of these or anything that maybe be of intrest apprciated stew

More Discussions
Need late flowering pears?
Seems all of my pears are early flowering which is...
Konrad..just outside of Edmoton Alberta
My First Grape Vine - Need Help!
I just purchased my very first grape vine (concord)....
lekennedy4
3 of my callery pear cuttings now have leaves unfurling?
I took several callery pear tree cuttings on jan 10...
tlbean2004
Pictures missing!
Have you noticed, since Houzz took over allot of pictures...
Konrad..just outside of Edmoton Alberta
Is it just me or have my plum tree buds gotten bigger lately?
I have a bruce plum tree that i planted last september. It...
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™