Satsuma tree dropping all fruit...WHY? :(

scuzzynuttyApril 30, 2013

Hi, I live in southern California and I have a question about my Semi-dwarf Satsuma Orange tree. The tree itself is growing pretty well with new growth, some of the leaves are a little yellowish, but overall I think the tree is healthy. The past few weeks there was new blossoms, probably about 30 of them. I was excited thinking there might be a lot of fruit this year. It seems for the majority of them, the little fruit developing in the blossom is turning yellow and falling to the ground! The same thing happened last year, and there was only ONE fruit last year that actually developed and grew. Of the 30 blossoms/little fruit, I think there is only probably 7 left or less and at the rate they're turning yellow and dropping off, i woudln't be surprised if they all fell off. Any idea whatâÂÂs going on with this tree and why all the âÂÂfruitâ keeps turning yellow and dropping off? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX

Mine bloom massively and then drop 90-95%. That's the nature of a citrus. Thirty blossoms is almost none. If you have an issue it's why only that little bloom?

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 5:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treehugger2012

SCUZZY

I wish I can say about my Washington orange tree. My tree was 7 feet tall with beautiful branches an leaves. The cold weather kill it.. All I have from the 7 feet trees alive is about half a foot above the ground developing a couple of leaves.
I think you should post your question in the citrus board they can help you.
Good Luck

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
What type of grafting tape do you use?
Last year I used electric tape and got about 98% success...
Mike Hughes
Do i need to use wax for this kind of graft or just masking tape?
I am going to be doing 5 pear cleft grafts with 1/4...
tlbean2004
can anyone know what kind of this tree is?
Recently I found a tree at my backyard got a lot of...
Athena Lu
best tasting pomegranate
I recall an article in CRFG about a year ago about...
markintexas123
Grafting thin scionwood?
I just received an order of scionwood from Tim Strickler...
jbclem
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™