peach tree leaves

gingygirl(6a)April 22, 2012

Hi

I live in central nj, purchased my peach tree 2 years ago from harvestman and am really enjoying taking care of her. Last year we removed the peaches and this year are looking forward to harvest!

There are a few leaves on the tree that looks like this. I don't see any pests on the leaves.

file:///Users/gingy/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2012/peach%20tree%20leaves%202012/IMG_1454.JPG

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsg47(7)

Tried the link, it didn't work for me. Would love to see the pics. I'm have peach tree issues too. Mrs. G

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 9:13PM
gingygirl(6a)
    Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 6:44PM
mrsg47(7)

Nope, I have peach leaf curl. Don't know what is wrong with your leaves. So sorry.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 10:05PM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

Sometimes my leaves on my peach do that too, mostly on new leaves. Kinda deformed I guess. Could be something nibbling on it or, at the worst, shothole. Looks like it is just a deformity. Keep an eye out for bugs though and if the holes get worse, it could be shothole

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 10:19PM
Scott F Smith(6B/7A MD)

It is shot-hole. There are several diseases that give it. The main treatment is copper at leaf fall and copper at pink in the early spring. There isn't much to do about it now other than thinning out the limbs a bit to make sure enough sun is getting in. Sun helps dry leaves quickly and limits diseases.

Scott

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 10:47AM
Scott F Smith(6B/7A MD)

Kathy, re-reading your post I see you only have a few leaves with the problem. I wouldn't worry so much, its when it covers the whole tree that its a problem. Still I would consider the copper dormant spray as a preventative.

Scott

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 10:53AM
More Discussions
Apple varieties evaluations 2005-2015
Hi some people here several months ago asked for a...
Scott F Smith
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Help... pest eggs on orange fruits
Orange fruits got quite some eggs on them. I have searched...
funlul
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
How does well water with Rust affect pH?
We use well water with lots of rust in it. Will it...
Helen Zone 6 Ohio
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™