Young strawberry growth yellow?

silent88April 10, 2013

I think these leaves turn into regular green leaves but I'm not sure and it seems odd. How come they are yellow when they are new? Is this normal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Raw_Nature(5 OH)

Silent,

My friend, relax, don't worry about every little nook and cranny in your garden.. Plants grow all by themselves, Without human intervention, and I think we are the ones harming the plants with too much care.. Just let your plants be plants.. If your plant is dying, or is seriously dropping productivity and you tried what you can do, give this forum a shot.. But well be here all day if people just post abnormal, new growth from every plant in their garden.. Wait it's course, see if you're still having abnormal growth, then come back for more help... But for know, let the plants be plants.

Joe

Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 10:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
campv

I don't know, those leaves look a little funny to me. Do all the leaves look like that or just those two? I have strawberries just leafing out and they don't look like that. Do they need a little iron? Did you use too strong of fert? Are they old plants just coming back or new? If you could provide a little more info it would help.

Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Foliar fertilizer on fruit
I have been using foliar fertilizers more and more...
crazyman2099
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
Propagating Muscadine vine
How long do I leave them in the frig? How do you propagate...
jolj
3 of my callery pear cuttings now have leaves unfurling?
I took several callery pear tree cuttings on jan 10...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™