Broccoli rabe

Running_Dog(Ireland)October 15, 2005

I know this is a completely OT question for the hypertufa forum, but as this is the only forum I've been using I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some info :)

My American brother-in-law is just back from a holiday in his native New York. He brought home with him loads of broccoli rabe (or raab) which he and my sister are addicted to.

Anyone got any advice about where they/I might get hold of seeds for that type of broccoli? It's different from the type of broccoli available here in Ireland.

Searching on google for broccoli rabe, I keep coming up with seeds for a type of turnip. Anyone know if that's the same thing as the New York 'broccoli rabe'?

http://www.seedsofitaly.sagenet.co.uk/turnips.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Broccoli rabe?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
butterflybush

I don't know the answer for you, but I can steer you in the right direction. Since you are already a member of Garden Web, you can also participate at most all of the forums available here. Here is the index. Try seed exchange or Vegetable Gardening. Post your question there. They may be able to help you quickly. Good luck with your search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Index of GW Forums

Bookmark   October 15, 2005 at 1:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Running_Dog(Ireland)

Thanks for the reply. I've done a bit more searching, and it definitely looks like it's the same thing. So I'll be able to get seeds from the link above for my siser and her husband.

Bookmark   October 15, 2005 at 4:07PM
More Discussions
Response to 'Faux Bois Tools'...
You can use just about anything (and everything) you...
tango88
Dry mix paths and mower strips, why not?
I've wanted to try this for some time. I have big piles...
linnea2
Large and Thick Hypertufa
I have made a very large (for me) hypertufa trough....
luvmymoss
Stone Circle
I have mostly lurked here, only posting a couple of...
Myrdin
My hypertufa elephant planters and other projects
I used to work with plaster before I discovered hypertufa...
naturia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™