grave markers

cammiepaul(Zone 7 - Wellford, SC)January 29, 2007

Hello,

I am new to all of this and I am very interested in making some grave markers for my pets that have moved on. I have the plastic letters that you use when making stepping stones for my pets name. But I was wondering what recipe would be the best?, and could you use o mold out of the plastic baseboard molding, so that it would take the shape of a tombstone. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cammiepaul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannoel_gw(z5b IL)

What a great idea. I would guess a recipe using a little more cement and a little less rough ingredients would give you enough definition for the letters to show up well. I hope you post pictures of the finished grave markers. Will they be placed anywhere in your garden as memorials or over the actual places you buried your pets?
Jan

Bookmark   January 29, 2007 at 8:46PM
hypertufalady

Hi, I'm new to making pet markers. I have 3 friends who want pet markers for their lost babies. I've been researching how to transfer the design to the tombstone. Please explain in detail about the plastic letters (what are they, where do i buy them?), and can you explain further about the plastic baseboard mold? Thank you.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 2:20PM
Purplemoon

I've not posted here but this thread caught my attention.
A friend of mine, and author of some dog books, came up with a wonderful idea for markers years ago. She calls them Pawstones. She just uses regular cement mold shapes tho you can use any shape you want. But she puts things in the cement before it hardens. Of course she letters the dog's name and the dates of birth and death, but then adds little momentos. I made some myself after she told me. I bought things from the miniature aisle of my craft store.
For example, one dog loved his ball and bread. So I found a little tiny plastic ball and a miniature loaf of Fr Bread.
I also put his ID tag in the cement as well. I had a plastic pin of his breed that I painted like him, and also added that. The ideas are endless on personalizing things for pets. I even used heart-shaped refrigerator magnets with pretty sayings on them. I used a sealer on top of all, and re-applied yearly.

Karen

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 1:29AM
Rainsend(z5 MA)

I made these garden gravestones several years ago. They are not for pets but I thought they could easily be modified for them. I might make one for my sister's dog. With the hypertufa I could carve the pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to old post

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 8:51PM
More Discussions
cement gianna leaf for sale
I have reading all about how you make these cement...
twooofeathers
Using Flagstone for imprinting
Hi all! I have been reading, reading! I want to make...
CEFreeman
Where can I get rubarb leafs in SC
I want so much to do a large rhubarb leaf. Can some...
twooofeathers
Advice needed - trying for a smooth finish w/concrete (PIC)
I'm making a mini modern indoor/outdoor fireplace out...
concreteblue
My hypertufa elephant planters and other projects
I used to work with plaster before I discovered hypertufa...
naturia
Sponsored Products
MD Building Products Construction Marking Tools China Markers Multi 49144
$2.75 | Home Depot
Alessi | 9098 Pepper Mill
$129.00 | YLighting
LMSW Outdoor Mini LED Step Light Marker Optic
Lightology
Opal Moving Gear Clock
Overstock.com
'A Little Leisure' Dry-Erase Calendar
$7.49 | zulily