Should I repot my blueberries or wait

ciachoApril 5, 2014

I have a couple questions about repotting blueberries.

1. I just bought some blueberries from Home Depot in little 1gal-ish containers. But the plants are flowering and fruiting now. Should I put them in a larger pot or wait till the end of season.

2. I bought a pot 15 in wide, can I put two plants in one pot, at least for the season while they are small.

The varieries are sunshine blue, biloxi, and pink lemonade. Sometimes the pink lemonade gets knocked over in the wind. Thats why I was thinking of moving them to larger pots but dont want to ruin the crop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Best thing would be to repot them and remove all the flowers to let them grow, I know that is not what you wanted to hear.....or remove 90% of the fruit so you can still have a taste and repot them. Bigger the pot the better.....best one to a pot. If you put two in a pot temporarily all that happens is the roots get co-mingled and when you try to separate them you just damage them doing the separation.

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
Fahey Scion List
Wondering if someone had the ability to and time to...
kniles38
Carmine Jewel
So I've been fretting about my Early Richmond for a...
iowajer
Methusala date palm reproduces
Judean date http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/tree-grown-2000-year-old-seed-has-reproduced-180954746/?utm_source=facebook.com&no-ist...
canadianplant
My Spupreme plum turns into Alderman!
At Plant Hill Nursery! They don't have a email address,...
Konrad___far_north
Indoor Spring Start To Raspberries
Hi...under advisement from Cornell University, they...
Greenhorn2
Sponsored Products
Scheherazade Six-Light Pendant in Aged Dark Bronze Finish and Hand Blown Glass i
Bellacor
LBL Neptune I Amber Glass Monopoint Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
Personalized Pet Bowl Holder - K
$250.00 | Horchow
Dazzling Clear Color Crystal Flush Mounts
ParrotUncle
Northgate Table Lamp Electric Outdoor Heater - EWTR720SP
$158.99 | Hayneedle
Anna Grey/ White Chevron Accent Chair
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™