?? Peat moss and fertilizer

sab66May 20, 2009

I'm using peat moss with fertilizer because the bags are smaller(easier to handle) and there are no clumps to worry about. However I resently read that this should not be used. Why?? In another article I read that one could add fertilizer to the hypertufa mix. Please advise. Thanks.

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
billie_ann(6b PA)

Sharon, Peat moss is sold in full and half bales sizes and is cheaper than one with fertilizer added. Depending on what you're making, clumps can be a design element.
Where are you reading that information about adding or not adding fertilizer? I can see no reason to add fertilizer but why not contact the people that wrote those articles. To me it's the same as adding fibers or arcylic fortifier to troughs, planters, lanterns, etc. You're making your project more expensive.

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 9:45AM
sab66

billie ann, Thanks so much for the follow up. I'll stick with the bales, but I am having soooo much fun...even made a Grot toad house today. Sharon

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 10:18PM
billie_ann(6b PA)

Sharon, It is a lot of fun and you get to make just about anything you can dream up! In this economy it's a cheap hobby/craft. Billie

Bookmark   May 26, 2009 at 1:54PM
More Discussions
Using Flagstone for imprinting
Hi all! I have been reading, reading! I want to make...
CEFreeman
planters with cement and rags
has anyone tried making planters with cement and rags?...
casagrande
Large and Thick Hypertufa
I have made a very large (for me) hypertufa trough....
luvmymoss
can you tell the difference?
Some rock, some hypertufa . About 2 years north facing...
themes
Concrete Sphere
Some pictures of a concrete ( portland and sand) sphere...
Mike Larkin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™