Bacterial Canker??? What's wrong with my tree?

Ms.TiaMariaMay 4, 2012

Help! What's wrong with my apricot tree? Is this bacterial canker??? Link to the pictures:

http://apricottreetroubles.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

Password: 44779

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Tia, if you just copy the HTML code (NOT the URL, but the HTML code string) for your photos right into the body of your message, we can then see the photos right in the message, instead of having to go to your personal photo site and use your ID and password (not really a good idea).

Patty S.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 12:50PM
Ms.TiaMaria

Patty, I don't know the difference between the url and html. I'm computer stupid.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 1:54PM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

Just try to make your profile "UnPrivate" so that you can just post a link straight to your photos.

And html is usually a long chain of numbers and letters under or around your photo somewhere. Sometimes called a tag.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 3:44PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Unfortunately, Shutterfly doesn't give you an HTML code option. It just gives you an embedded code for Facebook/Blogger (you can get to the embedded code, but it's not in the correct coding string for GardenWeb, which uses basic HTML). I would suggest using Photobucket.com. It is much easier. Once you've uploaded your photos and go back to your album, all you have to do is simply float your mouse over a photo. A code window pops right up. Just left click once in the HTML code window, and it gets copied immediately to your Windows Clipboard. Then, all you need to do is enter another message here, and RIGHT click in the body of the message and select "Paste". The HTML code will then be pasted right into the body of your message. When you then click on "Preview Message", your photo will show up (you'll know you copied the correct code, then.) Very simple :-)

Patty S.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 6:40PM
Ms.TiaMaria

Thank you Patty!!!! Here are the pictures

Here is a link that might be useful: sick apricot

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 11:47AM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

Looks like some form of bacterial canker. Did you buy it from the nursery like that? If so I would show them the pictures if it has a warranty. I think you can apply copper to try and stop it or if its on a branch you can cut back to green wood (try to cut way back away from the canker) On the trunk try a copper spray(Bonide or Something similar) You can cut it back down but it might kill the tree and I dont know if new growth would begin again. It might but Im unsure.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
New orchard...planting between rows
I'm planting a 30 tree apple orchard this spring in...
fernstone118
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Looks like no pears this year.
We have gotten a lot of chill hours this year for the...
insteng
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
Damage to Honeycrisp tree (photo)
I planted this Honeycrisp apple tree a week ago and...
Edwin Turlington
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™