Triazicide now or waste of time?

Dan.NYMay 9, 2014

I will visit my orchard this weekend and was planning to do first fungus spray and wondered 1) If this is a good idea now and 2) Should I tank mix triazicide with it now?

I will not be able to visit the orchard again until memorial day weekend and I am fearing that will be late to spray for insects and such. I realize or think its early to spray but due to timing thought it better. This is my question.

My location is central NY, finger lakes region, just out of the zone 6 that reaches up into NY. I am a good zone 5b. I mention all this as I currently do not know the state of bloom and such there and think this will help to determine what I should do. I do know dandelions are NOT out there yet and suspect all fruit blossoms are not out yet either.

Suggestions?? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ltilton

First question is what fruits you're growing there. Most important question is the state of bloom.

If apples, they probably do need a fungicide application at this time for scab.

Bookmark   May 9, 2014 at 10:13AM
alan haigh

No, you will have to wait. Trees will be about ready to bloom, I think. The fungicide is fine.

Bookmark   May 9, 2014 at 11:22AM
Dan.NY

I have apples, pears, peaches. WIll spray Rampart actually as I have it and its rated for all these. Have been using it some and its worked out OK. I just need to get on it more often Ithink. I guess I figured it was early for insecticide but hoped someone would say its not. Hope memorial day weekend is OK. blah. Is it time to retire to my orchard yet??? Thanks for info.

Bookmark   May 9, 2014 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
Wanted: Black Ice plum --) swap
Edit This post was edited by Gardening_Maestro on Tue,...
Gardening_Maestro
Do i need to use wax for this kind of graft or just masking tape?
I am going to be doing 5 pear cleft grafts with 1/4...
tlbean2004
Toxic Waste:
I have been told by a Nursery friend of mine not to...
loneranger_grow
Early-Spring and General Spray Questions for 4-yr old Maryland Orchard
Hi all, I planted the following fruit trees in Spring...
lindsgardeninmd
New orchard...planting between rows
I'm planting a 30 tree apple orchard this spring in...
fernstone118
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™