Specific Mask Recommendation?

heathmitch(Sunset 21/22 CA)August 18, 2005

Hi, all --

I'm a newbie just getting started, and I'm a little confused about safety masks -- I scoured the safety aisle at HD today but couldn't find anything that said it was OK for silica. Web searched got similar results -- lots of talk about vapors and particle sizes and hobby applications, but nothing that specifically says, "put this on when you mix cement."

What brands/models of masks do y'all use?

-- Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tufaenough

I like this one. It's cheap and comfortable and good for more than just dust. Those disposible masks never fit well and they really add up.
you should be able to find this model or one like it at many places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mask

Bookmark   August 18, 2005 at 10:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Belgianpup(Wa/Zone 7b)

You might check out the Magic Arch N-95 mask that looks like a surgeon's mask. They come in a box of 35 for $25. They say they provide protection from tuberculosis, SAARS, & other airborne particulates (you would think that a virus would be smaller than cement particles). They adjust to any face shape (beards might be a problem).

You can see it at the site below, but you might be able to get it at a medical supply place near you & save shipping. A guy at another board was saying how much he likes them. I am going to find some, but don't have any personal info yet.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Magic Arch N-95 mask

Bookmark   August 18, 2005 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Why does hypertufa crack?
I've been making hypertufa pots and other objects for...
monomer
faux rocks
how to make....
Kathy Meyer Smyth
From a Halloween mask to a Green-man
This garden green-man was made in two pieces one from...
tehuti
planters with cement and rags
has anyone tried making planters with cement and rags?...
casagrande
Large and Thick Hypertufa
I have made a very large (for me) hypertufa trough....
luvmymoss
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™