Where to get peach/plum cuttings for June bud-grafting?

armyofda12mnkeys(7a, Philly, PA)May 24, 2013

Just curious I whip n' tongued a bunch of cuttings i got from a person here ... at least 80% were successful which is great for my 1st real year of grafting :)... Now Im realizing I need to practice bud-grafting but have no scionwood left... Not sure where to buy scionwood around this time (doubt many people have the varieties Im looking for to graft like Cliff England doesnt seem to have much peach/plum varieties for sale). Looking to graft Indian-Free (https://www.raintreenursery.com/Indian_Free_Peach_Citation.html) as that tree died on me...
or types of Gage/Mirabelle plums (already have Green gage, and Mirabelle de Metz/Nancy plums).

Just thought Id ask people here as maybe some people have some extra wood saved.

Thanks!,
Ari

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
franktank232(z5 WI)

When chip budding, you use this years new growth (pencil thickness or around that size)...in that case someone on here may be able to hook you up with what you need... not sure you can order scion in summer or not?

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 9:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
persianmd2orchard

Hey Ari,

I might have some buds from last season dormant stored sticks and this season new growth but I have no idea what I'm doing in budding/harvesting new growth yet. Just me send me an email.

I think I'm going to give budding a try this season too. My peach grafts are the only thing that seem fussy to take so I may try some budding for them. I should probably make a new thread for some budding questions I have instead of hijacking this one.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 7:59AM
More Discussions
How does well water with Rust affect pH?
We use well water with lots of rust in it. Will it...
Helen Zone 6 Ohio
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
Can Apples grow in the tropics?
I was wondering if apples could really be grown in...
Axel
First Bench Grafts Using a Fieldcraft Topgrafter
Hi all, I've been patiently waiting for signs of life...
gardener365
Source for Hidden Rose Apple?
Looking for a tree or scions but seem to be coming...
jsvand5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™