Solo 451 mister/blower
Now that I'm up and running again I finally got the optional pump installed on my almost new m/b and took it out for a spin with just water first, everything went fine.
Next, it was time to do the scab spray so the m/b was loaded with 3 gal. of mixture while running at idle because it recirculates while running, darned handy. I then started blowing and after the tank was maybe half empty the line came apart next to my hand but at least it was just down from the on off valve which I immediately shut off. Darned good thing I had on the gloves, Tyvek suit, goggles and rubber boots, as always when spraying or I would have been soaked from the elbow down on one side.
I used the m/b a few times last year w/o the impeller pump and had no problems. I suspect that the pump created enough pressure to blow the line off it's nipple on the wand. Too bad the lousy, vague instructions for the pump made no reference to the need to put hose clamps on the 2 places where a pump's additional pressure could require placing hose clamps to avoid a blowout.
Other than that little detail, I like the unit very much, having secured all the tubing, as it works very well to get good coverage with perhaps less mix and less time.
I suspect when spraying leaf covered trees soon it will be extremely easy to tell how good coverage is everywhere and I'll be moving quicker and using considerably less mix. In addition, the air turbulence will no doubt provide excellent coverage throughout the leafy canopy on both leaf tops and bottoms. Time will tell.