How big do strawberry plants get!?

drew51 SE MI Z5b/6aMay 1, 2013

Holy Moly! I ordered some Strawberries from Edible Landscaping, and a Tristar, part of the order is HUGE! Check out this photo!
Not the best photo, but man is this plant big! Look at the size of that leaf!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treehugger2012

May be I should order from those people my strawberry plants are very small

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a

In that same order I ordered a Yellow Wonder that was a huge mass of strawberry goodness. But The red Wonder was about the size of a Hershey kiss, which is fine, Another looked decent sized. Each cultivar is so different. I'm having fun trying different varieties, just the appearance is striking, I have been following protocol for strawberries and removing all flowers, and they all have a lot, it has been very painful. I'll give the plants a month to establish, then I'm not removing anymore that happen to form! I think these are greenhouse grown, so I'm slowly exposing them to being outside. 4 hours today, 8 tomorrow, morning sun Friday, etc.

Here is a photo of the whole plant. The other plants are some of the other strawberries with the order. Also a small wyeberry, and at the far end of the table are 2 small elderberry bushes from another nursery, Black Lace, and Black Beauty. All I feel need acclimation, so are in for the night.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:40PM
More Discussions
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
Fruit drop on Paw paw
Last year I pollinated by hand very thoroughly. I got...
johndoug
Can Apples grow in the tropics?
I was wondering if apples could really be grown in...
Axel
Blackberry Winter Survival 2015
I finished snowplowing yet again today here in South...
calfee20
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™