Fruit tree disease

Acehigh0111May 31, 2014

Hi, I'm starting to experience a disease on two of my fruit trees in my back yard. I noticed this a couple weeks ago, sprayed them once with an all purpose bug/disease fruit tree spray and my sprayer broke. I've been away from home but I did pick up another sprayer and spray them again today and need some help to identify the disease to ensure I'm taking the right steps.

Last fall I did trim the trees for the first time ever. I'm worried I may have not done this properly and caused the disease to start. So far the disease is limited to 5% of the tree.

I believe these are my apple trees... lol... not 100% sure and definitely couldn't tell you exact genus/species of the tree but they are maybe 10 years old or less.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

That's a peach tree.
The curled leaves are peach leaf curl
Need dormant sprays. Spraying now won't help.
Affected leaves will drop early. Collect & discard.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 10:47PM
fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX

Your peach has peach leaf curl disease. To control it the plants need to be sprayed late fall and early spring before the buds start to swell. Spraying now will not help. Discarding the diseased leaves might help a little for next year. Use the search feature and you can find plenty of info. We get the same question and pictures regularly. 5% is not serious, don't fret.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 10:48PM
Bradybb(wa8)

That's Peach Leaf Curl on your Peach tree.
Those leaves should die and fall off in weather that has no rain.
The best time to spray for control,is in the Fall when a majority of the foliage is gone and/or in late Winter/early Spring with Copper or another chemical. Brady

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 10:51PM
More Discussions
Blackberry Winter Survival 2015
I finished snowplowing yet again today here in South...
calfee20
Type of Wire for Espalier?
So I've got a tiny (6 trees) fruit orchard that i've...
symplestytches
huge raspberry bush!!!!
Help! My husband and I have a humongous 6 foot spread...
satami00
Propagating Muscadine vine
How long do I leave them in the frig? How do you propagate...
jolj
Converting typhoon damaged hillside forest to blueberry plantation
Hello all We've recently obtained a small strip of...
theniceguy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™