poor fruit set on 'Glenora' grape
Any thoughts on why my fruit set would be so bad? bunches were plenty, but with poor fruit set.
1. Vine is very happy--grows vigorously.
2. Vine is mature--7 years or so, and a full crop two years ago (freeze-out last year).
3. Grapes not really popular around here--I doubt there are serious pests. At least I don't notice any.
4. Fairly conservative with the fertilizer--kind of a light spadefull of cottonseed meal every year.
5. Modest pruning. pruned the vine back to six feet or so
6. No strange weather whatsoever during bloom. (if you could call what grapes do a bloom).
Any help you could give would be much appreciated.