Blueberry bush problems
I have had a mixed bag of successes and failure with getting blueberry plants up to size. I bought 30 new plants this that were nice specimens. I planted them on raised berms. Each plant hole was amended with peat moss,pine bark,compost and granular sulfur. This was done 3 monthes prior to planting. I also irrigate with flag emitters. I have already lost two specimens. They started taking on a look of yellow of leaves some leaves with green veins showing through. Some with just a dull lime green color to their leaves. On the two that I lost the leaves just defoliated and the thing dried up. This is frustrating since now we are at the toughest time of year with heat and uv index. I would say all in all with years past I have a succes rate of 60 percent or so. Once the bush is two to three feet tall I havent lost them. Im getting some leaf scorch issues as well. I have tried foliar iron, and using vinegar in my water. Im also considering using shade cloth to prevent them from the leaf scorch.
I have also decided however many replacement plants that I need for next year Im going to pot them up for the first year rather than plant them in ground. They are so much easier to grow and maintain potted. This way I can get them up to size before tranplanting. They are just so vulvnerable as one year old growth. Feedback is appeciated.