For those that have not noticed....

bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)June 13, 2012

Garden web has finally upgraded to just past the stone age:) You can now place photos directly from your computer in to your posts without having to use an outside service like photobucket. There is now a "Image file to upload (optional):" button when you make a post.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Noogy(6 sw mi)

Thanks BR. I didn't notice and I bet others didn't either.
Lemme guess, you're eating blueberries?
I just had my first 'Duke', an early northern highbush that is typically ready in 1st week of July! I lost bout 20% to freeze, but I'll still be eating.
I've tried to convince my brother in Dallas to get some of the southern varieties y'all have but he plans on moving. I told him to put them in pots and he laughed.
I tell ya, i sunk an 'elliott' in a huge 12 gal pot and have babied it. It loves it.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 8:35AM
johnthecook

Cool! I'm not at all computer technical.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 9:32AM
calistoga_al

Terrific! I had figured out how to it the hard way, but am still always looking for something easier. Al

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 9:41AM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

I saw that! Now, if they would just let you edit your post. And, a vote for having the "notify" check box automatically checked for you when you start a new message. And, a better search engine that lets you do an "advanced search", and also allows you to sort your search items by relevance, date posted, poster, etc.

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 9:47AM
olympia_gardener(5)

Thanks a lot bamboo_rabbit , I did not notice till you point it out. How does this upload thing work? just up load all the pictures together or else? Say, if I want to have each picture separated by text in between, Do I just re-arrange the link or image files insert into the body of text ?

Since we are here discussing the posting method, I have another question: how does this "Optional Link URL:" and "Name of the Link:" work. I am always wondering how some people is able to post "Here is a link that might be useful: ..... " and thinking it might have to do with this "Optional Link URL:". Anyone here would point it out how this was done?

Also , did any of you experience problem of doing search? Everytime I try to use search buttom to search some key words, my screen goes blank, nothing show up. I am wondering it is my computer or more common problem to others as well.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 9:50AM
ltilton

Gotta try this.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:26AM
franktank232(z5 WI)

tilton-

You bag pears?

Does it automatically resize them or will we have giant photos if we don't do it before hand?

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:39AM
denninmi(8a)

Well, as forums go, that is only a minor improvement. So, we have gone from using the rock as we found it to chipping an edge into it to turn it into an ax. Still stuck in the stone age, but moving slightly towards the present.

Honestly, I don't know why they can't have a full-fledged forum that allows things such as editing of posts, etc. Most forums do.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:52AM
johnthecook

ltilton you leave the plastic on above the ziploc seal? This works? I read to remove this. If it isn't needed it would save time cutting.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 11:06AM
franktank232(z5 WI)

Dennis-

I know. I have no idea why we have been stuck with this garbage for so long. I've been coming to this forum for probably a decade now (if not longer) and its still the same. I probably was logging in on a 56K dial up modem!

There are other forums out there...i've noticed the citrus folks moved to another site and so have the tropical fruit guys.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 11:24AM
ltilton

I don't strip the top of bags with so little above the seal. These are cheap generic sandwich bags.

I get what I think are 2nd gen codling moth stings in my pears, that turn into rot. And this year, I had to bag the Honeysweets before the birds pecked them all to death. They couldn't peck on the Kieffers, noooo.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 11:56AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Noogy,

Eating frozen berries now our harvest of the high bush is long since over. I do have one rabbit still producing and the sunshine blues are just finishing.

Frank,

It will auto resize for you.

Patty,

Editing sure would be nice.

Olympia,

I just tried the pic thing and even in the preview you don't see it so organizing multiple pictures (if you can) may be difficult.

Far as the url that is easy. Copy the url you want and paste it in the optional link url. The name link is just whatever name you want to give it.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 12:45PM
olympia_gardener(5)

bamboo_rabbit , Thanks.

I agree, this web page can be designed a little more user friendly, such as, spell check; a buttom to return back after clipping; my search buttom never worked, maybe browser issue, but it can be fixed when design the website. ..

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 1:41PM
franktank232(z5 WI)

Firefox has built in spell check... very handy.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 1:44PM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Google Chrome has a built in spell checker as well.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:15PM
johnmerr(11)

Thanks, Rabbit.

I noticed that new "thing" on the Post a Follow-Up area; just didn't know what it was or how to use it. At my advance age, it is always nice to learn something new.

John

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:18PM
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

Yippee - so here are some gooseberries. What an advance.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 1:29PM
olympia_gardener(5)

flora, I notice your ggoseberry has hair, mine doesn't. What variety do you have in the picture? Is it usually that gooseberry fruit has hair?

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 1:59PM
franktank232(z5 WI)

Lets see if this work. Some Tomcots about ready to be picked.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 2:08PM
More Discussions
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Cherry tree damage from storm
Top third of cherry tree snapped off by falling limb...
jimfnc7
Pictures missing!
Have you noticed, since Houzz took over allot of pictures...
Konrad..just outside of Edmoton Alberta
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™