First pluots in Wisconsin?

franktank232(z5 WI)June 3, 2012

Probably not, but the 4 in 1 pluot from Raintree decided to hold 5 or 6 Geo Pride pluots. What is funny is that this tree had very little in the way of roots. I even repotted it one time into a larger container (just as it was waking up).

Fruitnut will be so proud.

Reliance Peach seedling:

Tomcots are going to turn soon.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denninmi(8a)

Everything looks nice and clean, Frank, good job. You deserve some success after everything you've gone through to get them to this point.

I'll be thinking about you as I eat tasteless California fruit (well, I'll probably not bother too much, at least I have strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, currents, gooseberries coming on, and melon transplants ready to go in the ground).

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 11:16AM
fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX

Frank:

Very nice fruit!!! It all looks great. Just one thing, those don't look like Geo Pride. I could be wrong but Geo Pride isn't elongated like yours. Looks a bit more like Flavor Grenade.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 11:26AM
franktank232(z5 WI)

I guess when they ripen, then I'll be able to verify with you what they are. Here is the tag on the branch...Dave Wilson better not of messed up my tree! :) :) It looks like they use some sort of color identification on the branches (Geo is green/Flavor is yellow)...?

Dennis-
Thanks a lot. A lot of clean fruit, but a lot of ugly fruit. I filled almost a 5 gallon bucket up with PC infested apples. 2 sprays of Permethrin was a savior for the 'cots and plums, but the apples got neglected and it was too late. Nothing wrong with berries. I can't believe the kids and I haven't turned red from the strawberries! You'll have a bumper crop next year and i'll probably have a yard of dead trees from -50F temps!

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 12:08PM
ltilton

You think permethrin more effective than triazicide?

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 12:50PM
franktank232(z5 WI)

Can't say for sure, but looking at how bad my apples got hit and how clean the sprayed apricots and plums look, it must have been effective, especially with only 2 sprays (about 10-12 days apart).

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Broken citrus tree
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Toxic Waste:
I have been told by a Nursery friend of mine not to...
loneranger_grow
best tasting pomegranate
I recall an article in CRFG about a year ago about...
markintexas123
Will these plum tree buds be damaged by frosts we will have next week
This is my bruce plum tree. The buds have started to...
tlbean2004
can anyone know what kind of this tree is?
Recently I found a tree at my backyard got a lot of...
Athena Lu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™