meyer lemon, key lime, and blood orange tree.

blue72June 18, 2012

i just got them today they came in a 2.5 pot. when should i switch pots and what size pot and what of ferzilter. have some garden soil.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

You don't say where you live and whether or not these citrus will be staying in containers, or going into the ground. You I am assuming they will be staying in containers. You definitely should pot them up into something larger. I would move up to at least a 7 gal. container, and do not use "garden soil". It is not well enough draining. I use EB Stone Cactus Mix, but there are even better home-made mixes you can create. If you search for "gritty mix" you will see the recipes. One of our container citrus experts here, like Meyer Mike can probably give you the link to the message containing the recipe. And of course, regular and frequent fertilizing with something like DynaGrow Foliage Pro will keep your citrus healthy and happy.

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 12:29PM

Oops, forgot to mention, you're probably better off posting your questions over on the Citrus Forum here at the GardenWeb :-)

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 12:30PM
blue72

i live in detroit. and were can buy EB Stone Cactus Mix and DynaGrow Foliage Profrom.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 7:18PM

Well, EB Stone's products may not be available in Michigan. I live in California, and it's probably a California product. So, I would ask about how to make your own potting mix for citrus over on the Citrus Forum. You can search the term "gritty mix" and find the recipe. It really works very well for citrus, which must have very good draining soil, so just generic "garden soil" would not really work for citrus for you. DynaGrow Foliage Pro can be ordered on amazon.com.

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
Apple scions. Help please.
Hello. It's sure nice to see familiar names and faces,...
Joleneakamama
How to shape this Grape Vine
Here is a grafted Perlette Grape Vine growing in it's...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™