Parfianka Pomegranate changing color

purovargas(8)June 9, 2012

Hello, I am from San Antonio,TX and I purchased a Parfianka Pomegranate tree from Groworganic.com and this small tree has already produced fruit. It originally had nine pomegranates flowers on it but seven fell off and two turned into fruit. The ones that I hand pollinated turned into the fruit the others I was hoping the bees would do it for me. Well I just would like to know if Parfianka is supposed to change colors because all the pics I have found on the web show the fruit as being red and this one went from red to yellow is this normal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Oops! I see you cited your source. They are very nice. Things get mislabelled and I am sure they will send you a Parfianka this fall to replace your mis-labelled pom. You'll enjoy this one, though!

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 6:37PM
purovargas(8)

Yeah, but this sucks I had high hopes of having a Parfianka fruit and now they are dashed! I do not even know if they would even send me a Parfianka for this mistake. The tag says Dave Wilson Nurseries on it even though I bought it from grow organic and it is still attached to the tree.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 9:03PM

Sure they will. Send them the photos of the flowers and the fruit. As well as your order invoice or confirmation and ask them to send you a Parfianka this next bare root season. And enjoy your white Pom! If it's not 'Utah Sweet', it could be 'Sweet'. I also have this variety and it is as good as 'Parfianka'. You will then have exceptional poms in your yard. I think this is a win-win for you.

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 1:06AM
melikeeatplants

Tag says DWN because that is the wholesaler that groworganic.com uses for most (or maybe all) their fruiting trees.

Both are reputable companies, even if DWN mislabeled it the retailer will/should make it right. I ordered some raspberries from groworgnaic, one of the bundle of 5 had the roots broken off. I sent the pics of it and told them not to worry, just wanted them to know. They sent a raspberry in the mail next day and I had it in a few days. Give them the chance to fix the mistake.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 3:50PM
purovargas(8)

well they called me back but I think they believe something is wrong with the plant like it is sick but even if it was which it is not but if it was it would change the leaves color but not the color of the fruit. They said they would call me back again so now I am just waiting for the call.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 9:53PM

Hmm. Your pomegranate tree doesn't look sick to me. Can you take a full photo of the entire tree? If Grow Organic doesn't call you back in a couple of days, I would call them back to see when they are sending you out a replacement.

Patty S.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 10:12PM
purovargas(8)

They e-mailed me back and gave me store credit so now I will re-order the plant next year but I hope I will receive a true Parfianka.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 8:06PM
rajivshorey(75094)

I think it was wrong to assume that its not Parfianka. Yes they start of dark red and then go green for couple of months and then turn pink red in fall.

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 10:48AM
purovargas(8)

Well here are the pomegranates from the parfianka or sweet I had to cut off because something was scratching at them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34671501@N06/8624599733/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34671501@N06/8625704752/

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 3:25PM
purovargas(8)

Well here are the pomegranates from the parfianka or sweet I had to cut off because something was scratching at them.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
mango seed ..is it dead?
The Whole outside of it is black .. Is it dead? I looked...
Trisha Stewart
Is it just me or have my plum tree buds gotten bigger lately?
I have a bruce plum tree that i planted last september. It...
tlbean2004
Looking for really early (blooming) pear
I have a Hood pear that blooms very early, usually...
jbclem
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™