Montmorency Cherry Tree

rita_70June 17, 2013

Hello,

I need some help with a tree selection. I don't have very deep backyard (only 20' deep) and almost no trees there (only one crab apple in a corner) and would like to have a nice looking tree. I don't have space / don't like very big trees so I started to look into fruit trees since they look like smaller trees in comparison to the shade trees. I found Montmorency Cherry Tree in a local nursery. It's very small now (3-4' probably) and it's very hard to tell hw will it look like when grows up. I also can't find info how ast do they grow.
Could somebody please comment about these trees? How tall / wide do they grow? How fast? I I really like their leaves :) Flowers and fruites definitely will be big bonus. But shape and size are the most important aspects for me now.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a

It is best for zones 4-7 grows to about 8 to 15 feet tall has a spread of about 10 to 20 feet. Fruit is a tart cherry, best for cooking. Depending where you live you may have to spray to obtain bug free fruit. Also net the tree else the birds will take the cherries. Birds love cherries, no doubt a favorite fruit.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
Damage to Honeycrisp tree (photo)
I planted this Honeycrisp apple tree a week ago and...
Edwin Turlington
Bareroot pruning of a multi-branched nectarine?
Just picked up a bareroot Snow Queen and it has several...
brownmola
can anyone know what kind of this tree is?
Recently I found a tree at my backyard got a lot of...
Athena Lu
Grafting thin scionwood?
I just received an order of scionwood from Tim Strickler...
jbclem
Broken citrus tree
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™