Trimec

mrsg47(7)June 19, 2012

I have a lot of 'Creeping Charlie weed'/ Ground Ivy in my lawn in my orchard. Can I spray Trimec on the lawn to kill the weeds and not hurt my trees? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

what does the label say?

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 8:47PM
mrsg47(7)

Heck! After reading the label on line, it is a product pretty much like round up. Have to be very careful. Oh well. thanks

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 3:35PM
samsthumb

Trimec has 2,4 D and dicamba in it (don't remember the third item that makes it "tri"). So you have to be very careful that drift doesn't get on your trees, you don't spray within drip line of trees and shrubs, not going to rain for a day at least as it can move in the soil, and if the day is humid or the next day this stuff can violatilize (in simple terms it evaporates in to a low lying cloud under certain conditions and . If you are using on a lawn for broadleaves this stuff is great, but any trees, shrubs, vegetables (tomatoes and strawberries especially), flowers you have to be doing so on a calm day with a hand-held sprayer. It is NOT similar to Round-up which pretty much kills or stunts everything (won't work on nutsedge, some dandelion that are resistant and thick cuticle plants like iris or day lilies). Round-up doesn't move in the soil and doesn't violatilize .

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 2:25PM
mrsg47(7)

Samsthumb! Thanks so much for the correction re: round-up vs Trimec. I now have no intention of using either. I'll just live with ugly ground ivy. Thanks so much for your in-depth answer. Mrs. G

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Methusala date palm reproduces
Judean date http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/tree-grown-2000-year-old-seed-has-reproduced-180954746/?utm_source=facebook.com&no-ist...
canadianplant
Where to buy Titan, Vernon, and Ochlockonee Blueberry plants?
I live in East Texas between DFW and Texarkana off...
sidpost
Plum tree
My plum tree has new growth. I remember a couple of...
tim45z10
hard freeze coming & peach trees are blooming!
any tricks for saving the fruit?? this happened last...
rober49
Help me choose fruit varieties to grow in NJ and nurseries
I have been reading some old posts regarding the fruit...
bemonkey Zone 7 South New Jersey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™