avocado tree dying?

greentree11June 7, 2014

Hi guys I'm new to this site and I signed up because our family is trying to grow an avocado tree, I bought it a week and half ago and I took some pics of it. Please let me know what I should do for this plant that'll be the best....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AgroCoders(6)

Looks fine to me although it could probably stand to be potted and unbound from the stake.

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 7:08PM
fireduck(10a)

Protect from scorching heat/sun while young...if you get a heat wave. Keep soil moist...and feed often with low-dose of liquid fertilizer. Young trees have a small target zone with small root system.

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 9:03PM
AgroCoders(6)

Actually it's recommended not to fertilize when newly planted, at least in the 1st month, but I guess it depends on the roots systems. The root systems on the trees I planted last month was mostly poor except for the peach. I've barely given some miracle grow but I did that as much to help new leaves grow that were eaten by the deer.

I wonder is there a 'root fertilizer'? Or do you have to have created compost already on hand to get roots on newly planted to grow best?

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 9:22PM
greentree11

Is it normal for my mexicola avocado tree to have little brown lines on the trunk from bottom to top? Also I notice some leafs have holes on then, and the new ones that are growing look reddish

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
Is it just me or have my plum tree buds gotten bigger lately?
I have a bruce plum tree that i planted last september. It...
tlbean2004
New orchard...planting between rows
I'm planting a 30 tree apple orchard this spring in...
fernstone118
3 of my callery pear cuttings now have leaves unfurling?
I took several callery pear tree cuttings on jan 10...
tlbean2004
Bareroot pruning of a multi-branched nectarine?
Just picked up a bareroot Snow Queen and it has several...
brownmola
cold/frost hardy peaches
Looking to get a list of 3 of the most frost tolerant,...
sean2280
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™