Storing Rainwater for Blueberry Plants
Last summer, I collected some rainwater and keep it until early spring of this year. I noticed that the color of the rainwater changed and algae had formed. So I know that rainwater can contain all sorts of bacteria, etc.
My question: If I had given that one year old rainwater to my blueberry plants, could it have harmed them? Can "aging" rainwater full of bacteria, micro-organisms (or whatever living things) that are thriving in an old rainwater cause any harm to the plants? Should we throw away rainwater after a certain amount of time?
This post was edited by Ghadames on Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 20:25