Blueberry Leaves Brown

northernvirginiadiJune 26, 2011

Hi,

I've had my blueberry plants for three years and each year the leaves turn brown. I'm pretty certain it is not lack of watering as this happens even when we get lots of rain. I get berries but not much. The foliage isn't full like it should be.

This year they are in pots (because of work being done to the house). They will be transplanted back into the ground in fall. In previous years I've had them in raised beds mixed in with lots of peat. The soil acidity was 5.5 a few years back when I planted them. I haven't tested since but do add sulfur each fall.

There is one blueray, one patriot and one jersey.

Any help is appreciated!

di

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluberries

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blueboy1977(TX9A/B)

If it does that every year on all three plants I would suggest getting rid of those and buying some new plants. Looks like a fungus or disease to me. If its a fungus its obvioulsy spread to all the blueberry bushes. Just start new this year with some 2 year old plants from a distributor and you will right back in it come next spring.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 9:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

What did you use for potting mix in those containers?
And how deep is the growing media?

Doesn't look like any disease. Rather, drought stress. Now you get to figure out why.

In any event, my opinion is rather than replant these, you'd be better off starting anew with fresh plants come spring. Once damaged, blueberries seldom recover enough to do well again.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Type of Wire for Espalier?
So I've got a tiny (6 trees) fruit orchard that i've...
symplestytches
Loquat tree
My darn tree has stopped sending energy to the fruit....
tim45z10
Something ate part of this apple tree
This a seedling I started last year. Last night something...
Orchardman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™