Need help with bush cherry.

galinasJune 22, 2014

I planted two bush cherries this spring - Carmine Jewel and Crimson Passion. They are planted on a slightly raised bed on a hill. Sun comes there around 10-11 AM and stays till end of the day, which is around 6 PM. They planted 5 feet apart in the location that never had fruit trees before. No weeds around. On the north side there is a big shed covering them from the north wind.
They started very well, and grew up twice since April when I planted them.
Yesterday, I found few yellow leaves on both of them. The leaves also have some spots, so I assume it is leaf spot and I need to spray them. But also the leaf end dies first, like it is burned. Anyway, I am going to spray them tomorrow with Immunox, but what else I can I do to support their health? They generally do not look same happy as at the very beginning. I keep soil moist. Soil is a former vegetable garden bed soil. Should I apply some fertilizer? I did applied lime before planting, but may be I need to check the soil acidity again? If needed, is it OK to apply lime now? What else could be done here? Pictures bellow

This post was edited by galinas on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 15:14

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Any chance of posting images?

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 11:50PM
galinas

Can't upload images at the moment - my cable modem died at home and I only can access internet from work, but can't upload pictures here. It may get fixed tomorrow, I will try to upload.

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 10:04AM
galinas

Here are the pictures:

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 6:35PM
galinas

And close up photo.
I know what to do for the leaf spot. What I don't understand is why it started. The weather is dry, my other sour cherry on the other side of the house is not affected(or affected really a little - I found couple leaves with spots in whole 5 years old tree). Looks like there is something in condition they are growing in... Or in the plants from the nursery. If conditions are not correct - the bushes are still very small and I can replant them in better spots, I just thought where they are - is a best spot for them.

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 6:42PM
More Discussions
Are these roots that are forming on a callery pear cutting in water?
As you may know, i took cuttings of a flowering pear...
tlbean2004
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Asian pear spray in first year
Just planted a dwarf asian pear from Starks. Do I need...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
How does well water with Rust affect pH?
We use well water with lots of rust in it. Will it...
Helen Zone 6 Ohio
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™