Where can you buy a UF Beauty Peach tree in central Florida

Gator66(9)July 15, 2013

I am looking to buy a UF Beauty Peach tree in the Orlando Area.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Bad time of the year to find them.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 7:54AM
Gator66(9)

When is a
good time? Where?

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 5:22AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Gator,

Here in Florida February through April is the best time to find them. It is the best time to plant them as well. Planting a new peach in July is just tough on the tree.....in February they leaf out under cool conditions and get themselves off to a good start. I am a firm believer that plants that roar from the start continue to do so and those that struggle from the start tend to continue to struggle.

I have 3 UF beauty (8 peach trees total) and man do those things GROW. They went from just a 2 foot tall stick 17 months ago to now pushing a 20' across canopy.

Far as where I don't know spots in Orlando. You can look on Craigs list? I see them listed there normally bareroot tress and in my opinion bareroot or just recently potted is what you want. Don't amend the soil in the planting hole just straight in to the native sand then mulch the heck out of it. I mulched those sticks with a 10 foot diameter of mulch on day 1 and it was 10" thick. It really helps on our sand.

If you want to take a bit of a drive I picked up my 8 trees at Bluestar nursery in Hawthorne they are awesome. $12 a tree and they have several hundred peach trees in stock. I think they start selling them March 1? They are also a pretty big blueberry nursery if you are interested and have about 30 varieties on hand and probably 10,000++ bushes available for sale.

Here is a picture of a couple of my 17 month old UF Beauty's, this morning. you picked a good variety.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 8:15AM
Gator66(9)

Sorry about not thanking you earlier, you provided me a wealth of information. I will give Bluestar Nursery a try as I am up in Gainesville often. I had been looking at potted plants but I think I will take your advice and buy bare root.

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
Blackberry Winter Survival 2015
I finished snowplowing yet again today here in South...
calfee20
Has anyone elses asian pear (20th century) come out of dormancy?
Everything else is going gangbusters but there isn't...
fireballsocal
Type of Wire for Espalier?
So I've got a tiny (6 trees) fruit orchard that i've...
symplestytches
Converting typhoon damaged hillside forest to blueberry plantation
Hello all We've recently obtained a small strip of...
theniceguy
Calling all Sweetcrisp owners!!!
Dear Sweetcrisp owners, Over here in Australia we are...
raadster
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™