Please can anyone advise on dwarf peach

averil(8b)July 18, 2013

Hi folks, I would appreciate any advice. I bought this peach last year and it grows lovely lush leaves then starts to drop them. There is no sign of disease. It's all the inner leaves that drop first. In the photo it looks great but underneath its nearly naked. It's been very hot for the UK these last few weeks, 30c and over. I wouldn't have thought the heat would affect it but I have moved it yesterday to a spot that gets morning sun and afternoon shade. The second pic is the inside of the tree where you can see all the leaves are dropping. I'm worried I'm not doing the best for the tree but I'm at an absolute loss as to what I'm doing wrong. It gets fed fortnightly with miracle gro
Kind regards
Averil UK

This post was edited by averil on Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 9:36

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
averil(8b)

This is inside the branches

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 5:12AM
mamuang_gw

Averil,

The only time my peach trees dropped green leaves were when it rained so many days in a row (I believe over a week of non-stop rain). After rain stopped for a week, the leaf dropping stopped. My trees are in the ground, though.

Don't know if your tree get too much watering or not. During these many days of 90 degree heat, some leaves on my peach trees started to wlit but no drop. I tend to think that heat does not cause green leaves to drop.

Hopefully, someone else can share their experience or advice.

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 8:39PM
averil(8b)

Hi mamuang, thanks for replying. I have to admit I'm never sure how much water this plant needs so I am a bit hit and miss with it. Since you have said you know they drop after a lot of rain, I shall lay off the water for a while and see how it goes. Many thanks
regards
Averil UK

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 3:47AM
More Discussions
Cherry tree damage from storm
Top third of cherry tree snapped off by falling limb...
jimfnc7
Foliar fertilizer on fruit
I have been using foliar fertilizers more and more...
crazyman2099
New orchard...planting between rows
I'm planting a 30 tree apple orchard this spring in...
fernstone118
Bareroot pruning of a multi-branched nectarine?
Just picked up a bareroot Snow Queen and it has several...
brownmola
Grafting thin scionwood?
I just received an order of scionwood from Tim Strickler...
jbclem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™