Can some identify this peach tree

DoomSickleJuly 1, 2013

Attached is an image of a peach tree that I had for over 2 years now. It always was a great tree, red leaves with some flowers every spring, the flowers are double flowers. But this past spring, it bloomed with so much flower that I started to worry. And now my worry was right. The tree is dying. The leaves have withered and most of the leaves has dried up and blown off by the wind. Its all branches. There are couple of tiny peaches here and there. So here is a picture before it became like it is today. I will keep the tree for another year, hopefully it will come back next year, but if not I would like to replace it. Can someone identify the peach tree that is in the pic? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fireduck(10a)

A few things you asked...1. nobody can tell you the variety of peach that is (unless they bought it). 2. The amount of flowers did not kill your tree. 3. Make sure you water that tree slow/deep so the roots are soaked. Maybe it dried out. Try to save it now....not next Spring. Hard to diagnose without more info. goodluck

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 3:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
itheweatherman

It's probably either a Double Jewel peach or a flowering peach.
http://www.davewilson.com/product-information/product/flowering-peaches

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 1:16AM
More Discussions
Fruit drop on Paw paw
Last year I pollinated by hand very thoroughly. I got...
johndoug
Type of Wire for Espalier?
So I've got a tiny (6 trees) fruit orchard that i've...
symplestytches
Looking for really early (blooming) pear
I have a Hood pear that blooms very early, usually...
jbclem
Can Apples grow in the tropics?
I was wondering if apples could really be grown in...
Axel
Hardy Peach Tree; Recommendations?
I am new to peach trees. I bought a Reliance three...
mark_roeder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™