What is wrong with my plum?

ack01July 21, 2013

I bought a scarlet beauty plum last year and it was growing fast! winter comes and the plum goes dormant as expected spring comes the buds brake and it leafs out and flowers fine. after the bud broke nothing else has happened in months! the plum has not grown at all. I have used 10-10-10 twice now no effect. The plum just started to grow a few new leafs but they are light green almost yellow with dark green veins. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX

Could it be a herbicide issue, roundup or a broadleaf weed killer? Possibly winter injury. Where do you live and how cold last winter? Too much fertilizer?

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 4:41PM
MrClint

Where are you? What zone? In ground or in a pot? Which rootstock? How often do you water?

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:33PM
campv

Iron!

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 11:55AM
ack01

I am in 9b It is growing in the ground. No idea what root stock I have. When it is not rainy season I water 2 to three times a week(very sandy soil) this time of year it rains every day I am not watering. I could look into Iron but I am pretty sure my soil has a high amount of iron. I dug a shallow well a few years back. the water table is at 7 feet deep. the water I pump out is so full of iron it will start to rust if you leave it in a cup for a few days. of course that does not mean I have iron in the first two feet.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 6:21PM
More Discussions
bees ignoring my plum blossoms
I stood and watched but never saw any bees on my Santa...
kittymoonbeam
Fuyu Persimmon
I purchased a fuyu last year from fast-growing-trees.com....
elizabethk1
Blue Berries-acid soil and other vegetable plants
I have been growing blue berry plants intermixed with...
RonCz
Has anyone elses asian pear (20th century) come out of dormancy?
Everything else is going gangbusters but there isn't...
fireballsocal
Blueberry help!
What's going on with this blueberry bush? Is it going...
julia_scheidt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™