Blueberry stem borer , treatment

bennylafleur(6 E. Tn.)July 4, 2012

Sometimes I notice a few inches on the end of a branch that are dead, or maybe several feet. Usually I start with snips and cut off small pieces of the branch until I get to the little yellow worm, which I can then destroy.

At other times, the borer can go all the way to the bottom without killing the branch,and when this happens I usually see some gold colored sawdust on the ground where the borer has made a hole to push the sawdust out.

This stage is more difficult to deal with, and if not taken care of, the borer, by being in the roots, will kill the entire plant. I cut the branch off a few inches above the ground, and with a syringe, inject some Triazicide Once and Done(50/50 with water) into the hole in the center of the branch. Since I have started doing this I have not lost any plants.

Does anyone have a simpler method?

Benny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Check out chart Dogwood twig Borer Borer-Miner Killer - applied every 4 weeks May - July.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005ZJ518C/ref=asc_df_B005ZJ518C2076160?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=pgmp-1606-97-20&creative=395169&creativeASIN=B005ZJ518C&linkCode=asm

Here is a link that might be useful: Dogwood twig Borer

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 8:36PM
More Discussions
Source for Hidden Rose Apple?
Looking for a tree or scions but seem to be coming...
jsvand5
Raising Blackberries For Fun and Profit-Prime Jim
I stumbled across this video on Prime Jim blackberries....
2010champsbcs
Apple scions. Help please.
Hello. It's sure nice to see familiar names and faces,...
Joleneakamama
Blueberries not thriving?
I planted young blueberries last spring in pots. They...
MK
How to shape this Grape Vine
Here is a grafted Perlette Grape Vine growing in it's...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™