Herb Robert repells deer?

fruitgrower_gardener(7a/7b)July 6, 2013

I have read about a plant that repells deer , it is a type of wild geranium known as HERB ROBERT , it probably does not repell them very well or more would be said about it , but I would like to get some anyway does anyone have this seed for trade?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larry_gene

Posting on Weeds, Wildlife, Herb, etc., forums may get more responses about seeds for this pretty weed.

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 11:58PM
florauk(8/9)

Geranium robertianum spreads like crazy by seed, smells horrible imo and I am very dubious it will repel any wildlife. It is a very common native here and we have a deer population explosion. Maybe you are confusing a plant which deer tend not to browse with one which actively repels them? I would be very wary of introducing it without further research. A quick Google reveals it is listed as invasive in some States, including Oregon, Larry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Herb Robert in Oregon.

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 8:28AM
larry_gene

...and the other forums suggested would likely make that their main focus for responses. I'm not going to be planting any.

Sources that state the deer repellant properties also state the plant may absorb power line radiation. Such a versatile herb would surely repel Bigfoot also.

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Broken citrus tree
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Looks like no pears this year.
We have gotten a lot of chill hours this year for the...
insteng
Trimming overgrown avocado tree then graft?
Dear gardenweb community, I am hoping to hear some...
funlul
Zone 5 fruit and nut trees Northeast, Nebraska
Hello, I have an acreage near Allen, NE and I would...
cheeta64
Bareroot pruning of a multi-branched nectarine?
Just picked up a bareroot Snow Queen and it has several...
brownmola
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™