Prelude Raspberry Trellising Or Not ?

Greenhorn2(6)July 12, 2014

Hi Gang...i have a Prelude Raspberry bush which is about 5 foot tall now in it's first season after the spring planting, and don't know how this will act come Fall being it will produce a small second crop, but come next spring it will grow again so does anyone have experience with Prelude Raspberry needing trellising or not ?........i ask because i have i have it as a standalone bush and don't wan't to trellis unless i have too.

Maybe i'll start a topic about which Raspberries need trellising and which don't.

thanx

This post was edited by Greenhorn2 on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 9:03

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a

It is a fairly upright one. But all mine are trellised. Fall Gold and Anne definitely need a trellis. The tops get heavy and the start to fall over. You could probably get away with no trellis with Prelude. If you take the summer harvest on fall bearing, those usually benefit from a trellis.
I'm still getting huge daily harvests! Unreal this year. The summer harvest is almost over, but a good week of decent harvests still expected.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 12:34AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Greenhorn2(6)

Hey Drew.......here's a pic of my Prelude, i'm getting a second wave on the lower half of my bush for the summer crop, i also have buds growing on the bottom of last years wood so i guess they will fruit too ?......./here you can see my Primocanes from this year getting pretty tall now

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Too new to know...is this root acceptable?
I'm new to Orcharding and to GardenWeb (what an incredible...
GuardinDawg
Cherry tree damage from storm
Top third of cherry tree snapped off by falling limb...
jimfnc7
mango seed ..is it dead?
The Whole outside of it is black .. Is it dead? I looked...
Trisha Stewart
Broken citrus tree
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
My First Grape Vine - Need Help!
I just purchased my very first grape vine (concord)....
lekennedy4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™