Mackissic 3 point chipper shreddar

brandond(6)August 13, 2012

Does anyone have one of these units? Im leaning towards buying the smaller 3.5 in chipper shreddar for my tractor. It seems they are a good brand.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenn_10 zone 4b/5a NewBrunswick,Can.

I checked out their website, looks like a pretty afordable unit @$1879.00 mrsp.Have you checked on craigs list? you might find a good used chipper for a few hundred bucks.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 9:45PM
murkwell

I was surprised how much 3 point chippers cost. If I could find one for a few hundred on Craigslist I'd be all over it, but I haven't seen one under $1000 around here.

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 11:22AM
brandond(6)

I just wanted to post a follow up on here. I ended up getting a barely used Dr 3pt chipper that will chip up to 4.5 in wood. It also has a blower attachment on it. It retail for around 2600 and I bought it for 1300. I was told it was used for 4 days. The person that had it sold their farm and equipment along with that. Its suppose to be delivered tomorrow So I will again post a follow up to how well i like it. For that low of price even if it needs a little tlc I would be ok.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 2:10PM
glenn_10 zone 4b/5a NewBrunswick,Can.

looks like you got a really good deal.You must be at the point where your orchard is big enough that it's time to start getting some big toys to help with the expansion. I bought an older Kubota last year and am getting quite a collection of implements from driving around and seeing what is out in old farmers fields.I got a lot for either free or next to nothing.I am also on the hunt for a chipper,thats next on my list!What do you have for a tractor?post some pics of the new machine if you can, i would love to see it!

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 10:06PM
calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9

I bought a tractor driven chipper/shredder 20 years ago. I have made modifications to improve the strength of the unit, a Roto Hoe that went out of business right after I bought it. My 25 hp Kubota runs it OK but it is not fast enough for large scale chipping. I rent a commercial chipper once a year to catch up on large scale chipping. The commercial chipper is only powered by an 18 hp engine but is 10 times stronger and faster than my tractor model. The secret is a large flywheel, must weigh 300 lbs,that when up to speed will power the chipper blade through 5 inch limbs. The commercial model sells for $10,000, so I rent mine for $300 a day, and don't have to maintain it. Al

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 9:43AM
brandond(6)

The chipper was delivered last night. Looks and runs great. It was left outside thought,so the pto was gunked up a bit.I think i got a steal.

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
pls recommend
Experienced Fruit Tree Growers, I suspect that all...
thecityman, Zone 7a/6b near Nashville
WHO called glyphosate a "probable carcinogen"
More and more studies seem to be coming out against...
canadianplant
Crabapple tree with large apples - which one?
Hello all, When my son was stationed in Newport RI...
dancinglemons
Blueberry leaves turning brown
The leaves of one of my southern highbush (Snowchaser...
julia_scheidt
Converting typhoon damaged hillside forest to blueberry plantation
Hello all We've recently obtained a small strip of...
theniceguy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™