help - kiwifruit vine dying fast :(

June.SkyAugust 20, 2012

Hi guys.

One of my hardy-kiwi vines suddenly has its leaves turning yellow with black spots on them - and then dropping off.

Do you think the problem might be over-watering? Or is it some sort of disease? Yellow leaves occur most near the base of the plant, but black/yellow is quickly climbing to the leaves at the tips of the vines.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenn_10 zone 4b/5a NewBrunswick,Can.

june.sky, I would say your assumption of over watering is probably correct.kiwi plants do not like damp conditions at all.how often are you watering?a good finger in the soil is a easy way to see if there is adequate moisture,as long as the soil has moisture and is not bone dry your plants will do fine.My advice is to stop watering and only water as needed,make sure the drain holes in your pot are free flowing and hopefully the roots are not completely rotten.Even if it recovers a little bit, it is quite late in the season now and it will probably not make it through the winter if it experiences really low temps(not sure what zone you are in).I have kept potted kiwis in the fridge over winter and planted them out in the spring...You just need to put it in spot in the fridge where no one will get mad at you:)

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
3 of my callery pear cuttings now have leaves unfurling?
I took several callery pear tree cuttings on jan 10...
tlbean2004
Broken citrus tree
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Paw Paw in Monmouth County NJ
I'm interested in growing several fruit trees on my...
ritzandbigb1
My First Grape Vine - Need Help!
I just purchased my very first grape vine (concord)....
lekennedy4
Trimming overgrown avocado tree then graft?
Dear gardenweb community, I am hoping to hear some...
funlul
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™