What containers should I use?
I just ordered several berry plants and need some help figuring out what are the best containers for them (size/material/etc) - and which of them I should just plant in the ground.
Here is a list of the plants that I bought and what size the websites said they would be:
- Blueberry (Top Hat): ships as potted (4") two year old; mature 2' spread/height
- Strawberies: ships as potted (4") two year old
* Fragola di Bosco: mature height 8-10", spread 14-16
* Purple Wonder: mature height 8-12", spread 10-12"
* Elan F1: mature height 8-10", spread 14-18"
* White Pineberry: mature height 8-12", spread 10-18"
- Gooseberry (Hinnomaki Red): ships as potted (4") two year old; mature height 3-5', spread 2-4'
- Currant (Perfect Red - Ribes sativum 'Perfection'): ships as a two year old; mature spread 3-4'
- JuneBerry (Owen's Drawf?): ships as 1-2' plant; mature height 3'
Also, any potting/growing tips are greatly appreciated; I'm new to gardening and I am really looking forward to some berries next year.