Oh no!! :Red Flame grape leaves sick...?

vieja_gw(z7NM)September 21, 2013

After trying so long to get a Red Flame grape to grow & I got one last year started well. This spring though all last year's growth froze to the ground!! Later, a big healthy sprout began growing up from the roots below ground & now has several 6 ft. long new vines I have trained on wires. Hopefully this is still a Red Flame & not from a ? grafted rootstalk? Last month I found a small cluster of tiny grapes forming (way too late in the season) but it gave me hope...! Now after our New Mexico 'floods' last week I see most of the leaves are turning a dry, rust colored!! The leaves on the Concords we have are just fine. Now I am worried about losing the Red Flame again! Could it be from the heavy rains we got (rust?) or just the time of the season? I will cover these precious new vines this winter (zone 7@5200 ft.) with tarps for sure!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX

My Flame outdoors, and in, look fine except where the leaf hoppers have built up. I haven't heard of rust on grapes even with rain. Could it be that your soil is too wet too long? Any possibility it's powdery mildew? Could you post a picture?

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Can Apples grow in the tropics?
I was wondering if apples could really be grown in...
Axel
Apple varieties evaluations 2005-2015
Hi some people here several months ago asked for a...
Scott F Smith
Propagating Muscadine vine
How long do I leave them in the frig? How do you propagate...
jolj
Help... pest eggs on orange fruits
Orange fruits got quite some eggs on them. I have searched...
funlul
Looking for really early (blooming) pear
I have a Hood pear that blooms very early, usually...
jbclem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™